- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Maya Soetoro-Ng
Unlike many kids who get Election Day off from school, the president's daughters, Malia and Sasha, weren't so lucky. They were flying to Chicago after classes with their grandmother.
Editor's Note: In this fourth of a five-part series, Middle East and Islam specialist Daniel Pipes focuses on perceptions that Barack Obama is a Muslim, first by those close to him, then by Muslims and finally by the American public.
The number of people seeking unemployment benefits fell by 12,000 last week, a hopeful signal that the job market may be improving.
President Obama, whose re-election is counting on support from women and young voters, encouraged graduating students from a women's college in New York to aim high and persevere through life's many challenges, imploring them to demand a seat at the table and work hard to attain it.
Above a rooftop in Jakarta or the Indus River in Pakistan, the moon looms large in the childhood memories of Maya Soetoro-Ng, but President Obama's little sister hadn't realized how important those memories were until she was pregnant with her oldest daughter.
President Obama spent a quiet Christmas in Hawaii on Saturday, a rare bit of privacy for one of the world's most scrutinized men.
President Obama eased into the first day of his Hawaiian vacation Thursday, opting for privacy over publicity after wrapping up a frenzied lame-duck legislative session back in Washington.
Former U.S. Rep. Neil Abercrombie convincingly won the Democratic nomination for Hawaii governor and will face Republican Lt. Gov. James "Duke" Aiona in an attempt by Democrats to regain leadership of President Obama's birth state.
Obama's mother's academic work
Most remarkably, his half-sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, has stated: "My whole family was Muslim."
(6) Mosque attendance: Maya Soetoro-Ng, Mr. Obama's younger half-sister, said her father (Mr. Obama's stepfather) attended the mosque "for big communal events."