- Climate change not a top concern of Americans, poll shows
- GM faces federal investigation for slow recall that led to 13 deaths
- Iran president reaches out to Oman on friendship tour
- FAA’s pre-Malaysia flight warning: 777s have cracking, corrosion issues
- Facebook HQ locked down; employees searched as police field threat
- Glenn Ford free, after serving 30 years for murder he didn’t commit
- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
Mayors Against Illegal Guns
Latest Mayors Against Illegal Guns Items
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio has joined the gun control advocacy group Mayors Against Illegal Guns and pledged to "force this issue on the national stage" as advocates try to keep the issue alive.
Hundreds of high-volume private gun dealers are transferring tens of thousands of firearms every year over the Internet without conducting background checks, according to a report from the gun control advocacy group Mayors Against Illegal Guns based on an investigation conducted from August to October.
There is a noteworthy dimension to Larry Klayman's zeal to be a vigilant government watchdog. The Creator is a presence for the conservative attorney who is ever ready to file a lawsuit to underscore the presence of corruption or ethical lapses within federal agencies.
Fifteen states have submitted fewer than 100 total mental health records to the federal government's instant check system, marking what gun control advocates said is a major flaw in the system.
Background checks didn't stop severely mentally ill Navy Yard shooter
A recent rally staged by members of New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg's gun-control group fell flat, as nearly 10 times the number of Second Amendment supporters showed up, took over the scene and countered with such a voice that bystanders thought it was actually an NRA-sponsored event.
After hitting an all-time high in December, background checks run through the FBI's national instant check system have declined year-over-year for the first time since October 2011 as fervor after December's Connecticut school shooting and the government's push for new gun controls appears to be waning.
A man was arrested after reportedly assaulting two people, including a police officer, at a gun control rally in front of the New Hampshire state Capitol Tuesday.
The organizers of Michael Bloomberg's gun control group has issued an apology for naming Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev as a victim of gun violence during a demonstration in Concord, N.H., on Tuesday.