- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
- U.S. drone faulted for killing 14 ‘innocent civilians’ at Yemen wedding
- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
By Mangosuthu Buthelezi
Memories of a long brotherhood tempered in common struggle
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Mayors
In many countries, a mayor (from the Latin māior, meaning "greater") is the highest-ranking officer in the municipal government of a town or a large urban city. - Source: Wikipedia
Fifteen states have submitted fewer than 100 total mental health records to the federal government's instant check system, marking what gun control advocates said is a major flaw in the system.
A Rocky Mountain earthquake in the form of Tuesday's successful recall drives targeting two prominent Democrats who advocate gun control has shifted the state and national political landscape going into the 2014 elections.
New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg is the single biggest contributor to a group that is helping two anti-gun state Democrats fend off a recall effort and save their state legislative seats, according to just-released campaign finance reports.
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says the chamber will likely take up a measure to expand gun-purchase background checks next year after failing to pass one in April.
Advocates for tighter gun-purchase background checks are hopeful the Senate will take another shot at a measure before year's end, but seven months after the Connecticut school shootings, it's unclear whether Democratic leaders will make their members take another politically difficult vote ahead of the 2014 midterms.
After hitting an all-time high in December, background checks run through the FBI's national instant check system have declined year-over-year for the first time since October 2011 as fervor after December's Connecticut school shooting and the government's push for new gun controls appears to be waning.
A man was arrested after reportedly assaulting two people, including a police officer, at a gun control rally in front of the New Hampshire state Capitol Tuesday.
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg’s gun group has kept its word to go after vulnerable Republican seats, and launched on Friday a $350,000 ad campaign against Arkansas Sen. Mark Pryor.