- Prison inmates take up ‘Knockout’ game, target female officers
- U.S. Army hails success with drone-shooting laser
- John Kerry: Israel-Palestinian peace deal paved for April
- India diplomat who touts women’s rights busted for $3 wage to nanny
- MSNBC host Ed Schultz paid $252K by unions in 2012-2013
- Korean War memorial ordered to take down Christian cross
- Billy Graham near death, ‘close to going home to be with the Lord’
- SeaTac, Wash.: City’s new $15 minimum wage heads to court
- Obama mulls support for Islamists in Syria, with conditions
- Obama ‘birther’ theories float, as Hawaii health director killed in crash
Mazie K. Hirono
Latest Mazie K. Hirono Items
A rare and likely fleeting show of bipartisanship enveloped Capitol Hill on Monday as members of both parties congratulated President Obama on his second inauguration, though some Republicans tempered their praise with concerns about the tasks ahead.
When the junior senator from Hawaii, Democrat Daniel K. Akaka, announced last year that he wouldn't seek a fifth term, the Republican Party immediately set its sights on the seat, viewing it as a tough but possible pickup in its quest to retake control of the Senate.
Rep. Mazie K. Hirono won the Democratic primary in Hawaii for an open U.S. Senate seat, setting up a race in November against former Hawaiian Gov. Linda Lingle.
A new poll shows Texas Gov. Rick Perry's approval rating in his home state at a 10-year low and more than half of Texans don't want him to run for another term as governor.