- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
Mazie K. Hirono
Latest Mazie K. Hirono Items
If a politician or government official takes a direct monetary bribe for granting a favor or sweetheart contract, do you think he should be sent to prison? Such an activity is despicable, but it is usually far less costly to society than the legal forms of corruption.
A rare and likely fleeting show of bipartisanship enveloped Capitol Hill on Monday as members of both parties congratulated President Obama on his second inauguration, though some Republicans tempered their praise with concerns about the tasks ahead.
When the junior senator from Hawaii, Democrat Daniel K. Akaka, announced last year that he wouldn't seek a fifth term, the Republican Party immediately set its sights on the seat, viewing it as a tough but possible pickup in its quest to retake control of the Senate.
Rep. Mazie K. Hirono won the Democratic primary in Hawaii for an open U.S. Senate seat, setting up a race in November against former Hawaiian Gov. Linda Lingle.
A new poll shows Texas Gov. Rick Perry's approval rating in his home state at a 10-year low and more than half of Texans don't want him to run for another term as governor.