- DOJ reaches largest-ever federal government settlement over auto loan discrimination
- U.S. Navy to start giving gay couples marriage benefits in Japan
- Sen. Harry Reid goes to hospital as a precaution
- Fla.’s Trey Radel exits rehab, ‘excited’ to resume congressional role
- U.S. nuclear general boozed it up, chased ‘hot women’ in Russia: report
- 45 Calif. students at one school test positive for tuberculosis exposure
- Rob Ford on women: Give them cash ‘and they are happy’
- Ku Klux Klan group holds recruitment meeting in Maryland
- Airport assassination: Mayor, 3 others killed at Manila airport
- Tea party-type lawmakers take mysterious, off-books trip to Mideast
By John McAfee
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Mcdermott
Chicago Blackhawks sweaters are commonplace around the city these days _ though not all wearers realize that's what hockey players and die-hard fans call those "jerseys."
Navy quarterback Kriss Proctor rushed for 107 yards and John Howell scored the go-ahead touchdown as the Midshipmen — who didn't complete a pass all game — stayed in bowl contention by beating SMU 24-17 on Saturday.
"Satyagraha," Philip Glass' at times magical _ and at times maddening _ meditation on the early career of Gandhi, is back at the Metropolitan Opera where it enjoyed a triumphant run three years ago.
No. 20 TCU and SMU are still playing their grudge match 16 years after they were last conference rivals.
Solyndra was OK'd to auction off assets and retain legal services for government probes.