- ‘Pocket drones’: U.S. Army developing tiny surveillance tools for the next big war
- Belgian cafe posts sign: Dogs allowed, but Jews stay out
- Gen. Dempsey: Pentagon studying Russian readiness plans not viewed ‘for 20 years’
- John McCain: Botched, two-hour execution of murderer is ‘torture’
- House GOP ready to move border bill
- Bomb squad called after live WWII artillery washes on Cape Cod beach
- HAYDEN: Intelligence, evidence and the case against Russia
- Ohio university quiz implies atheists are naturally smarter than Christians
- Rep. Henry Cuellar on border crisis: ‘Playing defense on the one-yard line’
- Activists vow to occupy fast-food restaurants to get higher pay
Second- and third-stringers eye 2016 if front-runner stumbles
Topic - Mcdonnell
Former Virginia Gov. McDonnell, wife released on own recognizance in federal corruption case.
Credit Gov. Bob McDonnell for his fourth-quarter Hail Mary pass in a bid for a meaningful legislative legacy, partly by pursuing profound transportation funding reforms that have eluded several previous governors.
An analysis by a nonprofit tax-policy institute says that Maryland and Virginia could have collected hundreds of millions of dollars per year since their last gas-tax increases if they had raised the tax regularly to account for inflation.
Virginia's Health Reform Initiative Advisory Council is busy prepping final recommendations on how to set up a state health benefits exchange as mandated by President Obama's health care overhaul — even as the commonwealth remains locked in litigation over the constitutionality of the law.
Gov. Robert F. McDonnell is asking Virginia government workers to pay into the state's underfunded pension system for the first time in 27 years.