- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian airplane goes missing over Mali: ‘Emergency plan’ launched
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
- Brooklyn Bridge flag-swapping suspects identified by nickname
- Christian woman in Sudan spared for apostasy flies to Italy
- Iraq: 60 dead in attack on prisoner convoy
- Marco Rubio: U.S. at social, moral crossroads
Latest Melanie Sloan Items
The chairman of the House Ethics Committee sounded retreat Thursday, saying the panel will rescind a controversial change to disclosure requirements for lawmakers who are given free trips, a change that had been harshly criticized by watchdog groups.
A prominent Washington watchdog group is calling for an investigation into charges that improper lobbying influenced the Obama administrationto reduce the standards for the use of renewable fuels in the nation's gasoline.
Despite federal officials taking hundreds of personal trips at taxpayer expense, little has been done to correct the issue and there is still limited oversight on the use of the government's aircraft fleet, a new investigation has found.
Veteran Rep. Robert E. Andrews, New Jersey Democrat, announced Tuesday that he will be stepping down to join a private law firm in Philadelphia, denying that a pending investigation into his campaign finances played a role in his decision to leave office.
Tea party groups, Franklin Graham, Christine O'Donnell, a pro-marriage group. And now Dr. Ben Carson. The list of conservatives targeted by the Internal Revenue Service for audits, tax-exempt reviews or tax privacy breaches keeps growing, raising fresh questions in Washington about whether a scandal the Obama administration has blamed on bureaucratic incompetence and coincidence may in fact involve something more nefarious.
A government watchdog group demanded Monday in a letter that Attorney General Eric Holder investigate James Clapper, accusing the intelligence head of lying about NSA intelligence collection practices during recent congressional testimony.
Rep. Nick J. Rahall II is the only lawmaker among 107 in Congress who own property in the District to claim a homestead deduction, taking advantage of a tax deduction reserved for D.C. homeowners who claim their D.C. property as their "principal residence," tax records show.
A government watchdog group has filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission against Crossroads GPS, the conservative advocacy group affiliated with the super PAC American Crossroads, over an ad the organization is running on several U.S. Senate candidates, including Virginia Democrat Tim Kaine.
For many candidates in energy-boom states, support for increased oil and gas drilling isn't just sound policy — it's also good for their personal business.