- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Memorial Day Items
A new documentary being shown out of competition at the Venice Film Festival explores the trauma of three U.S. war veterans who served in Iraq and how the military handled their cases.
Heading into Memorial Day, Democrats were banking on "Recovery Summer" and a public rebranding of their health care overhaul to set right their political fortunes. But coming out of Labor Day and into the home stretch before November's congressional elections, that bet hasn't panned out.
As Israeli and Palestinian negotiators prepare for the first direct negotiations since 2008, the Jewish state is braced for one of the most difficult diplomatic months in its history.
Marine Lance Cpl. Justin Wilson was buried at Arlington Cemetery on July 12 with all the ceremony due a Marine killed in Afghanistan. I was honored to be there. But for me, the events leading up to the ceremony at Arlington honored Cpl. Wilson as much as did the ceremony itself because they came from his fellow citizens, who recognized his service and sacrifice on their behalf.
The doctor confirmed the good news for Ron Sveden once the mass in his left lung came back from the lab: He didn't have cancer. He had a pea sprouting inside his chest.
The basketball court isn't the only place where Sacramento Kings player Tyreke Evans apparently likes to move fast.
Los Angeles County authorities said a tour bus accident Thursday morning in Rosemead left two people with moderate injuries and 20 people with minor injuries.
In last week's column celebrating Memorial Day, I wrote that I live to remember. Those weren't just hollow words. They were hallowed words.
Rehoboth Beach isn't a topless beach, but a few transgender patients caused a stir by treating it like one.