- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Memorial Day Items
Sen. Bernie Sanders, Vermont independent, said Tuesday a comprehensive veteran's reform bill could be brought up on the Senate floor as early as Thursday.
Single-day tickets for Bayou Country Superfest, to be held May 23 through May 25 at LSU's Tiger Stadium, are on sale. The Advocate reports (http://bit.ly/1npfwkx ) two-day tickets for Saturday and Sunday are also available, in limited quantities.
The Fairbanks North Star Borough School District will appeal to Education Commissioner Mike Hanley for a waiver from the state law requiring schools to be open for at least 180 days.
Italian police say they are searching for the sender of pig heads to Rome's main synagogue, the Israeli Embassy and a city museum hosting an exhibit on the Holocaust.
A small home that is a landmark in the northeast Missouri town of Hannibal is under new ownership.
The fundraising drive for a National Guard memorial in Frankfort has hit the final stretch.
At first glance, the trees and hills of Woodlawn Cemetery seem undisturbed -- until you spot the Varner grave.
Garland Eutsler said his mother, Kay Snyder, remembers Shenandoah Acres from her childhood. It was a place Snyder and her mother used to go to every summer, and it's filled with memories.
Before Patrick Reed earned his PGA Tour card in December 2012, he successfully Monday-qualified for six events and made 12 starts that year.