- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
Latest Memorial Day Items
Gov. Jack Dalrymple has directed all government agencies to fly the United States and North Dakota flags at half-staff Monday in observance of Memorial Day.
A team of mutants overpowered one massive mutant monster at the box office during the Memorial Day holiday.
The U.S. Marine Corps' chaplain, speaking Sunday to a congregation that has tied gold ribbons on the church's fence in honor of fallen soldiers since the Iraq War began, lauded the sacrifice of veterans around the world as President Barack Obama made a surprise visit to Afghanistan for Memorial Day.
The Chicago Cultural Mile Association will welcome members of the military, public safety and business communities to commemorate Memorial Day.
The price of gasoline looks familiar this Memorial Day. For the third year in a row, the national average will be within a penny or two of $3.64 per gallon.
Memorial Day weekend marks the unofficial start of summer in Maine. For police, it's time to beef up enforcement of Maine's seat belt laws as highways become busier.
Gov. Dave Heineman is reminding residents to fly flags at state government buildings and other sites in observance of Memorial Day.
The nation's most anxious Memorial Day may well have occurred 70 years ago, on May 30, the traditional date before Congress in 1968 changed the observance to the last Monday in May.
Memorial Day in America has traditionally been a time when we pay our respects to those who gave their lives, over a century ago, in a tragic civil war.