- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
By Brahma Chellaney
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Memorial Parks
Pennsylvania Avenue, sometimes called "America's Main Street," is being listed among the nation's endangered landscapes because of neglect and deferred maintenance by the National Park Service.
Occupy D.C. protesters gave a mix of responses Sunday when asked what they will do when the National Park Service begins its crackdown on their camps in McPherson Square and Freedom Plaza.