- Elton John blasts Russia’s anti-gay laws during Moscow concert
- U.N.: Afghanistan slow to enforce law protecting women
- Heart cancels SeaWorld concert after ‘Blackfish’ documentary
- South Carolina sheriff refuses to lower American flag for Nelson Mandela
- South Africans hold day of prayer for Nelson Mandela
- Mandela not on life support in final hours, friend says
- Ukraine protesters topple, decapitate Lenin statue in Kiev
- Kim Jong-un’s uncle removed from North Korean state documentary
- Thailand crisis deepens as opposition quits Parliament
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs’ Pearl Harbor tweet
Meredith Melling Burke
Latest Meredith Melling Burke Items
Fashion influences from the Jazz Age are making some noise this spring. Dropped-waist dresses, sporty knits, fringe and long necklaces are among the trends born from the groundbreaking, looser look that first emerged in the 1920s. They're a blend of an unfussy attitude that still maintains a polished appearance.
The message after eight days of fall previews at New York Fashion Week is that the consumer has choices. There isn't a must-have look or a white-hot label that everyone is talking about.
There's been plenty of talk about day-to-night dressing in these frugal times. Next season, you might try night-to-day instead.