- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel: If you want to pay more for your doctor, you can
- Sen. Rand Paul: ‘I am seriously thinking about’ running for president in 2016
- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
Merion Golf Club
Latest Merion Golf Club Items
It isn't until you run across a story like Jesse Smith's that you remember why this is called the U.S. Open.
Cheng-Tsung Pan had a pretty good day on the course. He felt even better about it when he scanned the scores.
By the time Phil Mickelson got some caffeine in him and began making birdies on the back nine, the fans who braved wild warnings of hail and torrential rain in the opening round of the U.S. Open started to get the idea that something more interesting than the weather was happening at venerable Merion Golf Club. In a place that oozes history, a modern kind of story was unfolding.
There was at least one wiseguy waiting on more than a few of the holes. Despite that, Sergio Garcia's charm offensive was mostly well received by the galleries during the opening round of the U.S. Open.
First-round play has resumed after a second delay for severe weather at the U.S. Open.
First-round play has been suspended for a second time at the U.S. Open.
So much for getting a good night's sleep.
Clouds gave way to sun, squeegees gave way to putters, and the 13th hole gave way to birdies during the first round of the U.S. Open's return to Merion Golf Club.
Clouds gave way to peeks of sunshine, squeegees gave way to putters, and the 13th hole gave way to birdies during the first round of the U.S. Open's return to Merion Golf Club.