- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
- Northern Ireland turns to ‘Game of Thrones’ to draw in tourists
- Washington woman live-tweets husband’s horrific car death
- China City of America mulled for New York — with $65M tax dollars
- Yemen defense ministry rocked by suicide bomber, gunfire
- Hack attack: 2 million Facebook, Twitter passwords stolen
- Mystery deepens over radioactive cobalt-60 stolen in Mexico
- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
Merion Golf Club
Latest Merion Golf Club Items
Ten things to know about the U.S. Open, to be played June 13-16 at Merion Golf Club:
Phil Mickelson is playing the week before the U.S. Open to make sure his game is sharp as possible, particularly after not playing very well at the Masters after taking off before that major.
The 150 players who have qualified for the 113th U.S. Open, to be played June 13-16 at Merion Golf Club. Players listed only in the first category for which they are eligible. (a-amateur). Six spots remain open for players exempt through the June 10 world ranking. Alternates will fill the other spots.
Two-time champion Retief Goosen has withdrawn from the U.S. Open because of a back injury.
Simon Khan bounced back from losing the BMW PGA Championship in a playoff by qualifying for the U.S. Open on Monday.
Hideki Matsuyama had rounds of 67 and 65 on Monday to earn one of five spots in a U.S. Open qualifier in Japan.
Webb Simpson already played for an amateur championship at Merion.
Qualifiers from those sites and the international sectionals in Japan and England to be held May 27 will join the field for the U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club in Ardmore, Pa., June 13-16.
Merion Golf Club's rich history is undeniable. Now, the club that boasts Jones, Hogan and Nicklaus among its past champions is prepared to add to its honor roll.