- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
By Matt Kibbe
The short-term deal will assure long-term overspending
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Metlife Stadium
Let the NFL worry how its fans will handle a cold weather Super Bowl in New Jersey.
Instead of shrinking from the possibility that this season's biggest football game could be played in a blizzard, organizers of the first outdoor, cold-climate Super Bowl have decided to embrace the snow as the game's unofficial theme.
The Vince Lombardi Trophy will be awarded in just under three months' time, but the competition has already begun in earnest for a more lucrative prize.
The head of New Jersey's largest utility company and other officials involved in planning for February's Super Bowl said Thursday they have taken numerous measures to ensure there will be no repeat of the power failure that caused a delay at this year's game in New Orleans.
Fans in the stands at Super Bowls past only think they've seen it all.
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell and his owners are taking advantage of a lull in the tourism calendar to turn a swath of Manhattan into a playground and make cash registers sing. A 180 foot-tall toboggan slide will be plopped down in Times Square, and a stretch of Broadway from 34th Street to 48th will be closed to traffic, renamed "Super Bowl Boulevard," and converted into a rollicking theme park, merchandise shop and concert venue called the "NFL Experience."
The father of a New York Jets fan who was videotaped punching a female Patriots fan in the face is defending his son.
New Jersey police say they are looking into a video that appears to show a New York Jets fan punching a female Patriots fan in the face at MetLife Stadium.
Super Bowl fans can prepare to pay double for the best seats.
The NFL says the highest-priced tickets will be more than twice the $1,250 cost for similar tickets at last year's Super Bowl in New Orleans.
If it were any other week, Eli Manning might have said a lot of nice things about his brother, Peyton.
The siblings square off Sunday at MetLife Stadium, the third — and quite possibly last — time they'll face each other in the pros. Peyton came out on top in the first two, with his old team, the Indianapolis Colts, beating the New York Giants in 2006 and '10.
Grammy-winner Bruno Mars will perform at halftime of the Super Bowl.
Grammy-winner Bruno Mars will sing at halftime of the Super Bowl in February, a person familiar with the NFL's entertainment plans told The Associated Press on Saturday.
Sam Ficken, Mr. Reliable. Seriously.