- House overwhelmingly approves $16 billion cash infusion for VA overhaul
- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns shelling of U.N. school in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
By Ted Cruz
Israel saves its enemies; Hamas endangers its friends
Topic - Metro Transit Police Department
A Metro Transit Police detective shot and killed a man in the 7000 block of Lory Lane in Lanham on Wednesday.
Records suggest that the the Metro's 600-member police force has conducted little enforcement of the transit system's everyday rules and that the department also counts among its ranks people who have been arrested for violent and predatory crimes.
A Metro revenue technician and police officer have been accused of systematically stealing thousands of dollars in coins from stations throughout Virginia, Maryland and the District, the U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia said Thursday.
Four men who brazenly carjacked a man and his daughter at a Prince George's County Metrorail station Wednesday morning appear to have used as a getaway car a vehicle they stole last week during a similar station assault, officials said.
Words of warning: Beware of pickpockets and snatch-and-grabs. Thieves ride public transit, too -- and cell phones, iPods and the like are some of their favorite targets.
Officials from local and federal police agencies yesterday reassured the public that they are not anticipating an elevated security threat for the District's July Fourth festivities, despite recent attempted terrorist attacks in Britain.