- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
- Tea Party Patriots call key GOP firing a declaration of war
Metro Transit Police Department
Latest Metro Transit Police Department Items
Four men who brazenly carjacked a man and his daughter at a Prince George's County Metrorail station Wednesday morning appear to have used as a getaway car a vehicle they stole last week during a similar station assault, officials said.
Prosecutors have dropped a charge of assaulting an officer that was filed against a wheelchair-bound man shown in an Internet video apparently being tackled by two Metro Transit Police officers.
The chief of the Metro Transit Police Department initiated a formal investigation Monday into the actions of two officers who appear, in a video posted to the Internet, to have tackled a wheelchair-bound man outside a D.C. rail station, sending the victim to the hospital with a head wound.
Metro Transit Police Chief Michael Taborn launched a formal investigation on Monday into the actions of two officers who appear in a video posted to the Internet to have tackled a wheelchair-bound man outside a D.C. rail station Thursday, sending the man to the hospital with a head wound after he resisted arrest.
Thirteen percent of D.C. high school students missed at least 15 days of classes without a valid excuse during the first half of this school year, according to a report released Thursday.
Metro will install surveillance cameras outside all 86 rail stations in an effort to curtail rising crime, officials said Thursday.
The security theater once exclusive to America's airports is now playing at a local Metro station. Washington's Metro Transit Police Department (MTPD) on Thursday announced new search policies developed in conjunction with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). "It is important to know that implementation of random bag inspection is not a reaction to any specific threats toward the Metro system," MTPD Chief Michael A. Taborn said in his announcement.
Blake Edwards, the director and writer known for clever dialogue, poignancy and occasional belly-laugh sight gags in "Breakfast at Tiffany's," "10" and the "Pink Panther" farces, died Wednesday. He was 88.
Metro Transit Police say they plan to deploy more officers this weekend after a fight among dozens of youth in the transit system led to three arrests.