Metropolitan Club - Bio, News, Photos - Washington Times
Skip to content

Topic - Metropolitan Club

The Metropolitan Club is a private social club in New York City. It was formed in 1891 by J. P. Morgan, who served as its first president. Other original members of the club included William Kissam Vanderbilt and James A. Roosevelt. Its 1912 clubhouse, designed by Stanford White, stands at 1-11 East 60th Street, on the northeast corner of Fifth Avenue. The land on which the Clubhouse stands — 100 feet fronting on Fifth Avenue and 200 feet on 60th Street — was acquired from the Duchess of Marlborough who signed the purchase agreement in the United States Consulate in London. Cornelius Vanderbilt signed for the club. - Source: Wikipedia

Related Stories

No Stories Found