- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
Metropolitan Police Service
Latest Metropolitan Police Service Items
An attorney for veteran Metropolitan Police Department Inspector Victor V. Brito says his client's demotion to captain and removal as director of disciplinary branch after he disagreed in a case sparked by a complaint by Chief Cathy L. Lanier's Facebook friend Cherita Whiting was made "without any legitimate factual basis" and violated his due process rights.
Irish republican terrorists had issued a bomb threat for central London, police said Monday, hours ahead of Queen Elizabeth II's groundbreaking but sensitive visit to Ireland.
Two men were fatally shot in separate incidents in Northeast overnight, Metropolitan Police said Saturday.
D.C. Council members batted away a proposal Tuesday that would pair the Metropolitan Police Department and its labor union to study retention and recruitment of D.C. officers, but they agreed that staffing is a key priority ahead of a potentially violent summer.
With a smile that lit up TV screens around the world, Kate Middleton married Prince William in a union that promised to revitalize the British monarchy. A million people roared their approval as the royal couple then paraded through London in an open carriage.
British police say guests at the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton will have to pass through security checks to enter Westminster Abbey.
A D.C. teen was at large Thursday after escaping a South Carolina juvenile detention facility with three other teens from the District, city officials said.
Metropolitan Police said Monday they are investigating the killing of a Northwest woman found fatally stabbed in the parking lot of the Anacostia Park Skating Pavilion.
D.C. Council members on Monday voted to accept an interim report designed to combat student truancy, a rampant problem that is linked to crime in city neighborhoods and public transit systems.