- No mas: Principal bans Spanish language in intercom announcement
- Hacking software could put ‘zombie drone army’ in user’s hands
- Support for stricter gun laws drops: poll
- 10 whales dead, 41 others stranded in Everglades
- John Boehner faces bipartisan pressure to allow gay-rights vote
- Martin Bashir resigns from MSNBC over ‘ill-judged’ comments about Sarah Palin
- Rep. Duncan Hunter: While Obama prays for Iranian change, U.S. should ready its nukes
- Best company ever? Veteran Beer Co. exists to employ vets, provide quality beer
- Iran official: Sanctions ‘utterly failed’ to stop nuclear program
- ‘Black Santa’ display at IU sparks student outrage
Latest Metropolitan Police Items
D.C. police are searching for two men who robbed money couriers at least four times this month as they tried to make bank deposits.
Three computers were stolen from a brand new D.C. high school, which opened Monday for the start of the school year.
The District's first day of school got off to a bumpy start with two early morning school bus crashes, according to police.
Like most Americans, Ken Collins had no idea of the rising winds of change on Aug. 28, 1963.
City officials have asked police to investigate two fires that occurred Tuesday aboard D.C. ambulances amid a series of embarrassing failures with the District's emergency medical fleet that has affected everyone from regular residents to the president of the United States.
An off-duty D.C. police officer fired on a man who pointed an assault rifle at him Wednesday night in Southeast, authorities said.
Detectives early on had solid leads in the 2011 slaying of D.C. firefighter Marc Dancy, even interviewing the man now charged in his death. But it wasn't until a teenager came forward this year with details of the killing that police were able to make an arrest.
A Christian legal rights group has asked Scotland Yard to inform its police officers that street preachers have free speech rights.
D.C. police on Monday arrested a woman in a string of green-paint vandalism in the District, but officials said they did not know whether she was responsible for all or just some of the incidents that include Friday's attack on the Lincoln Memorial.