- Ukrainian prime minister announces resignation
- House members question $17 billion VA request
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo launches statewide task force to collect LGBT data
- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Latest Metropolitan Transportation Authority Items
Ridership on public transportation systems around New York state is on the rise, mirroring a trend seen across the country, according to data released Monday by the American Public Transportation Association.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority says its pilot program to reduce trash in the subway system is working and it will remove refuse cans at an additional 29 stations.
Metro-North Railroad says it's reducing evening service in response to a worsening snow storm.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority says it expects to run modified service Wednesday on its subways, buses and commuter rail lines as it digs out of the latest snowstorm to wallop the New York metropolitan area.
Long Island Rail Road trains are running again in both directions after service was suspended between New York City's Penn Station and the busy Jamaica station.
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority announced a pilot program Monday that would aim to curb the growing subway rat problem by sterilizing the animals so they can't reproduce.
A New York state report has found that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority gave Apple an unfair advantage to place a retail store in New York City's Grand Central Terminal. The state comptroller's report says the MTA started talking to Apple about the space more than two years before opening it up for bidding. It says the "competitive process followed by MTA ...was at a minimum severely slanted toward Apple." MTA Chairman Joseph Lhota says the lease process was open and transparent. Apple didn't respond to requests for comment. The store opened in Grand Central in December, and is one of the world's largest Apple stores.
One of the world's largest Apple stores is opening at the landmark Grand Central Terminal.
It's known for shaking up celebrities at its comedy roasts. But the Friars Club says it's not laughing about plans to blast dynamite under its 102-year-old clubhouse in midtown Manhattan.