- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
- Fla. mom arrested for allowing 7-year-old son to walk to park alone
Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Latest Metropolitan Transportation Authority Items
Ridership on public transportation systems around New York state is on the rise, mirroring a trend seen across the country, according to data released Monday by the American Public Transportation Association.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority says its pilot program to reduce trash in the subway system is working and it will remove refuse cans at an additional 29 stations.
Metro-North Railroad says it's reducing evening service in response to a worsening snow storm.
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority says it expects to run modified service Wednesday on its subways, buses and commuter rail lines as it digs out of the latest snowstorm to wallop the New York metropolitan area.
Long Island Rail Road trains are running again in both directions after service was suspended between New York City's Penn Station and the busy Jamaica station.
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority announced a pilot program Monday that would aim to curb the growing subway rat problem by sterilizing the animals so they can't reproduce.
A New York state report has found that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority gave Apple an unfair advantage to place a retail store in New York City's Grand Central Terminal. The state comptroller's report says the MTA started talking to Apple about the space more than two years before opening it up for bidding. It says the "competitive process followed by MTA ...was at a minimum severely slanted toward Apple." MTA Chairman Joseph Lhota says the lease process was open and transparent. Apple didn't respond to requests for comment. The store opened in Grand Central in December, and is one of the world's largest Apple stores.
One of the world's largest Apple stores is opening at the landmark Grand Central Terminal.
It's known for shaking up celebrities at its comedy roasts. But the Friars Club says it's not laughing about plans to blast dynamite under its 102-year-old clubhouse in midtown Manhattan.