- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
- Kermit Gosnell clinic aide who heard aborted baby scream gets 5 to 10 years in prison
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority
Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority ("MWAA" or "Authority") is an independent airport authority, created by the Commonwealth of Virginia and the District of Columbia with the consent of the United States Congress to oversee management, operations, and capital development of Washington, D.C.'s two major airports: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport. The Authority, which is an independent public body corporate and politic, leases the airports from the United States Department of Transportation. The United States government originally built the airports and continues to own the underlying airport property except for property acquired by MWAA subsequent to the lease. The Authority has its headquarters on the grounds of Reagan National Airport in Arlington County, Virginia. - Source: Wikipedia
An emergency bill to overhaul the makeup of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority, which oversees the Washington region's two airports and the Dulles Metrorail project, failed Thursday to garner the four-fifths vote necessary to clear the Virginia House.
Accuracy of Prince George's speed cameras questioned; Airports authority meets amid pressure to reverse decision on Dulles Metrorail station; Airports authority considering $7.2 million boardroom amid outcry for choosing pricier Dulles station; Maryland's home delivery of wine soaring; Five injured when tree branch falls in Capitol Hill park; Snakeshead fish on Maryland menus?