- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Michael A. Brown
Latest Michael A. Brown Items
District of Columbia Mayor Vincent Gray knew about an off-the-books "shadow campaign" to support his 2010 bid for the office and personally requested the funds from an influential district businessman, federal prosecutors said Monday.
Prosecutors are seeking more prison time for former D.C. Council member Michael A. Brown, alleging that he accepted $100,000 in secret donations for his 2008 campaign.
The District's ethics board censured and fined D.C. Council member Marion Barry on Thursday for failing to disclose gifts he received from city contractors.
When D.C. Lottery operator Emmanuel S. Bailey heard that he had been besmirched in connection with convicted felon and former D.C. Council member Michael A. Brown, he knew who to call.
Sure he may have bigger fish to fry, but former D.C. Council member Michael A. Brown is now facing possible discipline from two D.C. agencies for failure to file campaign finance and financial disclosure forms, according to officials.
Former D.C. Council member Michael A. Brown pleaded guilty Monday to a public corruption charge for accepting tens of thousands of dollars in cash stuffed in duffel bags and coffee cups while in office, following in the footsteps of two other former city lawmakers who pleaded guilty last year to federal crimes.
Former D.C. Council member Michael A. Brown pleaded guilty in federal court Monday to one count of bribery.
A calculated federal sting operation such as the one that ensnared former D.C. Council member Michael A. Brown for bribery wouldn't have gotten off the ground without evidence of prior suspicious dealings, former federal prosecutors said.
Federal prosecutors on Friday charged former D.C. Council member Michael A. Brown with one count of felony bribery for accepting $55,000 from FBI agents he thought to be representatives of a company seeking a minority contract with the District.