- Americans don’t support sending U.S. troops to Ukraine
- Florida lawmakers move to wipe corrupt ‘Boss Hogg’ town from map
- N.C. math whiz to unveil secret of March Madness picks
- An appealing offer: Chiquita merges with Fyffes to make world’s largest banana firm
- Amnesty International says Syria guilty of war crimes for food blockade
- Mitch McConnell on beating tea party: ‘We are going to crush them’
- Adam Lanza’s dad: He would’ve killed me ‘in a heartbeat’
- North Korea holds election: 100% turnout, Kim Jong-un gets — 100% of vote
- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Michael A. Stokes
After 34 years in prison, several attempts at self-castration and a thus far unsuccessful legal battle to obtain a state-paid sex-change operation, the future is looking brighter for Ophelia De'Lonta.
A Virginia inmate is one step closer to getting the state to pay for her sex-change operation. A U.S. District Court judge ruled Wednesday that Ophelia De’Lonta, 53, is entitled to get evaluated by a gender identity specialist of her choice.