- Obama admin to blame for HealthCare.gov woes, $840M cost: GAO
- Al Gore’s climate-changers at EPA hearings foiled by cool temperatures
- Army’s 3-D printed bombs will create ‘a whole new universe’ of deadly capabilities
- Hamas calls on Hezbollah to join in fight against Israel
- Senators to FIFA, others: Don’t reward Putin with the World Cup in 2018
- U.S. condemns Israeli shelling of shelter in Gaza
- Obamacare shoots premiums up by 88 percent in California
- Chicken pox outbreak puts illegal immigrant facility on lockdown
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’
- U.S. chemical sites vulnerable despite millions spent on security: Congress
Michael B. Mukasey
Latest Michael B. Mukasey Items
Michael B. Mukasey feels betrayed. The attorney general under President George W. Bush gave his personal assurance to the president of the Iranian resistance that its dissidents would be protected by Iraqi troops, not massacred by Iraqi gunmen.
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Tuesday defended the Justice Department's use of its subpoena power to monitor the telephone records of editors and reporters at The Associated Press in a leak investigation, but said he was unaware of the details because he had recused himself from the leak case.
The ranking Republican on the Senate Judiciary Committee challenged Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Thursday to "produce any evidence" proving his claim that a prior attorney general knew about a gunrunning investigation during the Bush administration or apologize "if no such evidence is available."
Mukasey defends memo writers
Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey is scheduled to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Jan. 30, his first appearance before the panel since it came close to rejecting him last fall over his refusal to characterize as torture an interrogation technique known as "waterboarding."