- Air Force cadets ‘revolt’ after officials remove biblical verse from whiteboard
- Rep. Lee: Paul Ryan out of touch with urban Americans
- House votes down resolution to force Issa to apologize
- Kremlin blocks opposition websites; Kasparov fears Putin plans ‘something drastic’
- Saving trees? EPA wastes $1.5 million storing unneeded pamphlets in warehouse
- Scott Brown Senate bid in New Hampshire may launch soon
- Jeffrey Corzine, son of ex-N.J. governor, dead at 31
- Australian surfing magazine sorry for calling indigenous surfer ‘apeish’
- Records: Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- The Putin problem: U.S. needs Russian rockets for spy satellites
Michael B. Mukasey
Latest Michael B. Mukasey Items
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will give "a gift to the mullahs" who oppress the Iranian people, if she fails to remove the Iranian resistance from the U.S. blacklist of terrorist groups, a visiting member of the European Parliament said Tuesday.
Nearly two years after Crystal Washington was shot to death at a busy D.C. intersection, her death looms large in closed-door talks at the U.S. attorney's office in Washington, where prosecutors soon will decide whether to seek the death penalty against two men charged with killing her to keep her from testifying.
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Thursday said congressional efforts to prohibit the transfer of detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to the United States for any purpose, including to stand trial, "would unwisely restrict" the government's ability to prosecute terrorism suspects.
Mukasey defends memo writers
Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey is scheduled to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Jan. 30, his first appearance before the panel since it came close to rejecting him last fall over his refusal to characterize as torture an interrogation technique known as "waterboarding."