- ‘Tis the Season: London florist creates $4.6 million Christmas wreath
- No tailgating allowed at Super Bowl XLVIII
- Pentagon to transport African troops to Central African Republic
- Chinese man fed up with his girlfriend’s shopping jumps to his death
- Ukraine leader to talk with protesters; Washington urges caution
- Pope Francis: A nun saved my life
- Israeli P.M. Netanyahu backs out of Mandela funeral
- Elian Gonzalez makes first trip outside Cuba since custody battle
- U.S., British intelligence agents enter online sci-fi world to spy on gamers
- Sarah Palin to host the outdoors show ‘Amazing America’
Michael B. Mukasey
Latest Michael B. Mukasey Items
Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton will give "a gift to the mullahs" who oppress the Iranian people, if she fails to remove the Iranian resistance from the U.S. blacklist of terrorist groups, a visiting member of the European Parliament said Tuesday.
Nearly two years after Crystal Washington was shot to death at a busy D.C. intersection, her death looms large in closed-door talks at the U.S. attorney's office in Washington, where prosecutors soon will decide whether to seek the death penalty against two men charged with killing her to keep her from testifying.
Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. on Thursday said congressional efforts to prohibit the transfer of detainees from Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to the United States for any purpose, including to stand trial, "would unwisely restrict" the government's ability to prosecute terrorism suspects.
Mukasey defends memo writers
Attorney General Michael B. Mukasey is scheduled to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Jan. 30, his first appearance before the panel since it came close to rejecting him last fall over his refusal to characterize as torture an interrogation technique known as "waterboarding."