- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
Latest Michael Bourn Items
Nationals manager Davey Johnson was talking to general manager Mike Rizzo on Saturday when he called for Bryce Harper to come over.
For Washington Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond, getting named to the 2012 All-Star Game was a huge honor. The fact that manager Tony La Russa hand-picked him to be on it made the designation that much more special for Desmond.
Turns out, Nationals rookie phenom Bryce Harper will be heading to Kansas City, Mo., after all.
Bryce Harper will not be making the trip to Kansas City for Tuesday night's All-Star Game.
Texas Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish was hit by a line drive during one All-Star game in Japan. He's hoping to avoid that mishap on Tuesday.
The red jersey on Stephen Strasburg's back was practically maroon, drenched in sweat as soon as he took the mound. His movements were laborious, his breath heavy between each pitch.
It was billed as the best statistical pitching matchup since Fernando Valenzuela and Dwight Gooden battled at Chavez Ravine in 1985. Gio Gonzalez vs. Brandon Beachy, both taking their sub-2.00 ERAs to the mound, both hoping to notch an important victory for their team.
Previewing the National League.
The Atlanta Braves avoided arbitration Tuesday, agreeing to one-year deals with outfielder Michael Bourn for $6.845 million, starting pitcher Jair Jurrjens for $5.5 million and reliever Eric O'Flaherty for $2.49 million.