- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Topic - Michael Bowman
A 43-year-old Griffin police officer was shot and killed while off-duty early Saturday morning and the man who police say fired the gun is in critical but stable condition after being shot by the officer's brother.
Police in suburban Atlanta say investigators have recovered a note written by the man who shot six people at a FedEx facility before taking his own life.
Colorado is just starting its experiment with industrial hemp production, but interest in the new crop is so strong that the state is moving to expand the number and size of farms growing marijuana's non-intoxicating cousin.
"They are still in the stages of trying to piece it all together," Bowman said.
Cobb County police spokesman Michael Bowman said investigators found a note left by Geddy Kramer, but he didn't know what the note said.