- Hawaii Health Department head killed in plane crash
- Colorado school drops sexual harassment label on boy who kissed girl’s hand
- Australia court strikes down 5-day-old, gay-marriage law
- Fake interpreter at Mandela service: ‘Sorry,’ I have schizophrenia
- George Zimmerman will not be charged in domestic dispute
- Russian officials press bilateral U.S. trade deal
- Creator of ‘Selfies at Funerals’ blog retires after Obama flub: ‘Our work here is done’
- New Obama adviser Podesta is against Keystone but will steer clear of pipeline deliberations
- 40 Australian adults, children found in ‘one of the worst accounts of incest ever made public’
- Venezuela’s Maduro calls on student ‘price vigilantes’ to hit the streets, report businesses
michael c. burgess
Latest michael c. burgess Items
The Amazing Kreskin, a longtime mentalist, contends that the women who recently accused Republican presidential hopeful Herman Cain of sexual harassment should consider taking a polygraph test, as Mr. Cain has offered to do.
The incandescent light bulb failed to earn a last-minute reprieve in the House on Tuesday, leaving the old-style bulb still facing a government-imposed death sentence when new regulations kick in at the end of this year.
Tea Partyers lit the latest American grass-roots fire at a national convention in Phoenix three weeks ago. It reached luminescence last weekend when a YouTube video of Sen. Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican, went viral. Now Americans everywhere are demanding that Congress repeal the pending ban on incandescent light bulbs.
Congress on Tuesday replaced the usual State of the Union partisan see-saw with the political version of Whack-a-Mole - scattered lawmakers standing and applauding amid their unmoved colleagues.
Pointing to signs of an economic turnaround, the White House said that stimulus act spending finally has kicked into high gear and, as of June 30, had expanded the economy by up to 3.2 percent and created up to 3.6 million jobs.
The prescription for better health care