- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
- China announces biggest military hike in 3 years: We are not ‘boy scouts with spears’
Latest Michael Dukakis Items
A move is on in Massachusetts to rename Boston's South Station in honor of former governor and presidential candidate Michael Dukakis, but Dukakis himself isn't so keen on the idea.
The John F. Kennedy Library Foundation in Boston on Tuesday named a business and Democratic political professional as its first female chief executive.
Robert Quinn, the former state attorney general and Massachusetts House speaker, who helped create the University of Massachusetts and toughen environmental protections in the state, has died. He was 85.
With America's mainstream media taking the week off for the Thanksgiving holiday, the nation's lonely and underworked pollsters stepped up to feed the beast. Not surprisingly, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie was a big winner, even if the 2016 election is three years away.
At an interfaith prayer service for victims of the Boston Marathon bombings, President Obama said Thursday the terrorists who carried out the attack failed to crush the spirit of the city or the nation.
President Obama has probably put the Secret Service on this one, and the FBI, the CIA and the D.C. cops, too. Who came up with that really dumb idea of putting out an official White House photograph of the president stalking clay pigeons with his shotgun?
In February 1991, for economic reasons, I joined the U.S. Army for an eight-year term of service (two years plus training time on active duty; the remainder on inactive status) as a 63H — track vehicle repairer. In August 1993, I wrapped my active-duty service to the U.S. Army with an honorable discharge from Fort Stewart, Ga. A few years later, I wrote an opinion piece for a local Georgia newspaper titled, "Why Most G.I. Janes Should Go Home."
One of the most iconic — and, regardless of your politics, visually humorous — moments of the 1988 presidential race was video footage of Democratic candidate Michael Dukakis wearing a Marvin the Martian-shaming green helmet and riding around in Sterling Heights, Mich., in an Abrams M1-A-1 battle tank.
Ben Affleck is comparing U.S. Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney to past campaign losers Al Gore, Michael Dukakis and Bob Dole.