- Malaysia Airlines pilots sometimes left cockpit door unlocked: U.S. businessman
- PHILLIPS: The benefits of defying ‘common wisdom’
- Judge strikes down Arkansas abortion law — nation’s toughest — as unconstitutional
- Court: Tenn. must recognize 3 same-sex marriages
- Russia claims to have downed U.S. drone over Crimea region; Pentagon denies
- John Daly shoots 90 at PGA Tour event: ‘I’m falling apart’
- Police: Man arrested in West Virginia may be linked to Alexandria killings
- Smile: Equipping cops with body-mounted cameras gains steam in Calif., N.Y.
- Obama to sign bill cutting taxpayer money for party conventions
- Half of Americans worried about second Cold War: poll
By David A. Clarke Jr.
Blame Washington's intelligence failure, not lack of police
Topic - Michael Gearon
First, the Flames. Now, the Thrashers.
Michael Gearon and Bruce Levenson have emerged as the lead owners of the Atlanta Hawks and Atlanta Thrashers following a long legal battle and ownership split.
Gearon said they have lost $130 million since taking over the franchise _ including $20 million in 2006-07, the year the Thrashers won the Southeast Division and made the playoffs.
He said the group that controls the Thrashers, the NBA's Atlanta Hawks and operating rights to Philips Arena did all it could to find someone who would help keep the financially ailing team in the city.