- White flags baffle NYPD: ‘We’re lucky it wasn’t a bomb’
- N.Y. Gov. Cuomo’s office interfered with, pressured corruption commission: report
- Brit lawmaker: I would fire on Israel if I lived in Gaza
- VA apologizes to forgotten Marine veteran locked in Fla. clinic, forced to call 911
- U.S. social and economic trends on worrisome track, survey finds
- McDonald nomination unanimously referred to full Senate
- Chuck Norris honorary chairman of NRA voter registration campaign
- GOP outraged Obamacare investigators able to get coverage with fake IDs
- Family removed from Southwest flight over tweet about rude agent, dad says
- Michael Bloomberg thumbs FAA ban, plots course to Israel
Latest Michael Green Items
The Capitals can clinch a playoff spot Tuesday night in Philadelphia, but they’ll attempt to do so without their best player.
Washington Capitals left wing Alexander Semin is back after missing 12 games with a groin injury, while defenseman Mike Green is still recovering after taking a puck to the head.
Suddenly, Alex the Great returned.
Semyon Varlamov made 25 saves, and Alex Ovechkin was one of three goal scorers for the Washington Capitals in a 3-0 victory over the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday night.
Alex Ovechkin had a goal to end an eight-game drought and added an assist for the Washington Capitals, who held on to beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-2 on Sunday night.
Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins used their first game this season against the Washington Capitals to set some high expectations for the Winter Classic.
Playing the first meaningful game on Verizon Center ice after the team's stunning first-round elimination in last year's playoffs, the Washington Capitals returned Saturday night for the team's home opener, turning in a 7-2 win over the New Jersey Devils.