- Egypt rights center raided, 2 Mubaraks acquitted
- New Mexico Supreme Court rules same-sex marriage constitutional
- Blame Bush: 5 years later, that’s still the mantra, pollsters find
- Dutch prostitutes demand same retirement benefits as soccer stars
- John McCain to Harry Reid: I’ll ‘kick the crap’ out of you
- Dogs that talk: Researchers seek $10K for ‘No More Woof’ technology
- 1,000 firefighters called to battle stubborn Big Sur wildfire
- Black Friday brouhaha: Millions of Target shoppers hit by credit card theft
- Britain orders airplane to rescue citizens from violent South Sudan
- Mega Millions winner emerges as Georgia mom, in ‘disbelief’
President Obama can't even organize a proper whitewash
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Michael L. Buckner
Outgoing athletics director Mike Hamilton, former basketball coach Bruce Pearl and former football coach Lane Kiffin are part of a Tennessee contingent that will meet with NCAA officials this weekend.
"The entire Division I membership _ especially the schools in the power six conferences _ make sure they stay abreast of what the enforcement staff is alleging and what the infractions committee rules," Buckner said. "The Tennessees, Ohio States, USCs and Michigans of the world impact what they do with compliance."
"It's been my experience in the last few years that with their emphasis to try to get things done more quickly they're not as detail-oriented as they should be," Buckner said. "In this case you're dealing with several coaches and their future careers in collegiate athletics, I would want to make sure that they're doing everything to make sure they have all the information."