- Congressman: McAuliffe victory means gun control a winning message
- Clinton aide admits soliciting disgraced D.C. fundraiser; says actions were legal
- Joel Osteen church victimized in $600K theft
- Obama goes shopping at Gap as minimum-wage thanks
- N.J. woman charged after client dies from black-market butt injections
- CIA chief Brennan ‘determined’ to speak out more this year
- Reset? What reset? U.S.-Russia ties at worst since Cold War
- 9/11 terror recruiter released in Syrian prisoner swap
- D.C. elections board gives green light to marijuana legalization initiative
- Elephants can tell difference between human languages: study
An America drowning in red ink is the land of the free no more
Topic - Michael Mason
A judge in Chicago says a daughter accused of participating in a $7 million shoplifting spree with her parents can go free pending trial.
The heads of a suburban Chicago family accused of stealing $7 million in goods in a decadelong, multistate shoplifting spree will stay in jail pending trial because they are flight risks, a federal judge ruled Monday.
A father, mother and daughter from a posh Chicago suburb stole $7 million in merchandise during a decadelong shoplifting spree - traveling to stores nationwide and targeting dolls, toys, cosmetics and other valuables - according to a federal complaint released Wednesday.
Pope Francis kicked off the first World Youth Day festival of his papacy, addressing hundreds of thousands of rain-soaked young pilgrims from around the world who flocked to Rio de Janeiro's famed Copacabana Beach to hear his message.
President Obama on Thursday said he intends to seek a two-year extension of the 10-year term of FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III, which expires on Sept. 4, saying the director has "set the gold standard for leading the bureau" and that in the face of ongoing threats, "continuity and stability at the FBI is critical at this time."
"They should get it out of there," Mason said.
Mason noted that most of the attendees interviewed about the Syndey World Youth Day spoke positively of their experiences, in terms that suggest that the primary effects of the gathering have been to increase devotion and to build community pride in an increasingly secular world.