- More than 3,500 police planned for Boston Marathon
- Real-life Dr. Doolittle to reveal how to talk to animals
- Climate change could bring back smallpox, researchers say
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at N.Y. trial
- New evidence could threaten Army sex assault case
- George Zimmerman signs autographs at Orlando gun show
- GOP lawmaker faces fire for NBA crime tweet
- Taliban vow to ‘use all force’ to disrupt Afghan elections
- Atheists sue to remove ‘Ground Zero Cross’ from 9/11 museum
- Bishop in Aleppo: ‘We Christians live in fear in Syria’
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Michael Murphy
Guests aboard a naval refueling ship thought they were going to see some drills and learn more about life as a Canadian sailor on the Pacific. Instead, they got a firsthand view of their loved ones in action as the sailors battled an engine fire.
A U.S. Navy ocean tug on Tuesday was towing a Canadian navy ship with nearly 300 crew members on board to Hawaii's Pearl Harbor after an engine fire left 20 sailors with minor injuries.
The chancellor of Delgado Community College in New Orleans is getting a promotion to lead the entire Louisiana community college system, after a split vote of support Wednesday from the system's governing board.
A Bridgeport trucker pleaded guilty Tuesday to the theft of more than 100 firearms that prosecutors say are turning up in criminal investigations as distant as North Carolina.
The Louisiana Community and Technical College System could have a new president as early as next week.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — A water leak damaged five floors of a new $28 million Science Center when pipes burst over the Christmas break.
About 14,000 people die each year in and around Las Vegas. The Clark County coroner's office investigates about 3,500 of those deaths and conducts about 1,500 autopsies.
Two-time Indianapolis 500 winner Dan Wheldon died of head injuries after a spectacular 15-car wreck at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Clark County Coroner Michael Murphy said Monday.
The Clark County coroner's office ruled Tuesday that 25-year-old professional golfer Erica Blasberg's death was a suicide.
A person with knowledge of the case told the Associated Press that the biology professor charged with killing three Alabama university colleagues has attempted suicide in jail.
"I felt like at this time Dr. Sullivan would be the best person to move this system forward. He had a multitude of experience," said Michael Murphy, chairman of the Board of Supervisors.
Murphy said he'd like the new president to be seated by or before Feb. 26 when current system President Joe May departs to take a job in Texas.