- Costco status quo: Wholesaler lists Bible as fiction, Ron Burgundy memoir as gospel
- Sarah Palin responds to Martin Bashir’s resignation, praises media
- Obama to send 2 Gitmo terror suspects back to Algeria
- Paul Walker secretly bought $9K wedding ring for Iraq vet
- Mystery sign poster hits Washington state town: ‘It’s OK to say Merry Christmas’
- Pope Francis forms commission to advise on sex abuse
- Anthony Weiner on radio? Cumulus says, ‘Never, ever’
- Executive order: Obama ups green-energy mandate on feds to 20 percent
- GOP launches candidate training: How to talk to women
- N.Y.’s Rockefeller Center lights up, as Bloomberg flicks on 76-foot Christmas tree
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Michael Sheen
"Admission" is an off-kilter mish-mash of a romantic comedy that careens from cloyingly sweet to disarmingly bitter. It's a watchable, inoffensive date movie that suffers from a busy, multipronged plot and a lack of chemistry between the leads.
No Doubt's attorneys can argue to a jury that the band was misled by gaming giant Activision Publishing Inc. about how its likeness would be used in the video game "Band Hero," a judge ruled Tuesday.
Shawn Ku's haunting, emotionally taut new film, "Beautiful Boy," hinges on a few remarkable performances, and though it fails to deliver on the promise of its premise, it is a credible depiction of a couple's search for a way forward through extraordinary grief.
"Midnight in Paris" is an unexpected late-career gem from an auteur who has been on autopilot for more than a decade, cranking out shopworn genre tributes and forgettable romantic comedies.
Woody Allen's "Midnight in Paris" provided just what organizers wanted to open the world's most glamorous film festival Wednesday: Romance, fantasy, laughs and a whole lot of stars, both on screen and strutting the Cannes red carpet.
Light cycles, wizards, vampires and superheroes made for another colorful Comic-Con.
That Mr. Sheen is able to convey the meaning behind this lack of affect is an achievement that I suspect may be rewarded with an Academy Award nomination from his fellow actors.