- Obama downplays IRS scandal, blames Obamacare rollout on ‘outdated’ agencies
- Pregnancies decline overall, up among older women
- Pentagon plans to destroy Syrian chemical arms on ship at sea
- Paris Metro issues ‘politeness manual’ to improve passengers’ behavior
- Justin Bieber, crew detained at Australian airport in drug search
- Lee Rigby trial: Muslim who machete-hacked soldier calls it ‘humane’ kill
- GM ending Chevy sales in Europe to focus on Opel and Vauxhall
- Putin’s diplomats to U.S. busted for living high life off $1.5M bilked from Medicaid
- Happy Meal: Couple goes to McDonald’s, leaves with bag packed with cash
- Boehner: It took me 3 to 4 hours to sign up for Obamacare
Why such hatred toward America's freedom of religion?
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Michael Thompson
Tiger Woods, looking to break his drought of 17 majors without a title, will tee off in the 8:35 a.m. group Thursday, playing alongside Davis Love III and Keegan Bradley.
The field for the 142nd British Open golf championship, which starts Thursday at Muirfield. Players listed in only the first category for which they qualified:
Guan Tianlang, the 14-year-old Chinese amateur, continues to add to his scrapbook of incredible feats.
Castro hit shots to tap-in range on the famed 17th and 18th holes on his way to a 9-under 63. That tied the course record held by Greg Norman and Fred Couples, and gave him a three-shot lead over Rory McIlroy.
One year ago, Jason Dufner's victory at the Zurich Classic made him the fifth player in the last eight years to celebrate his maiden PGA Tour triumph in New Orleans.
At some point after he won the 1986 Masters, Jack Nicklaus lost two major championships. He's just not sure when.
Jason Day was having a g'day at the Masters,, and if he can finish it off, there's going to be quite a celebration Down Under.
We're seeing some low scores among the early finishers, perhaps an indication that the greens aren't as tough as usual on an overcast day. Michael Thompson shot a 5-under 67, Ryan Moore and Ryo Ishikawa posted 68s, and Keegan Bradley turned in a 69 _ 13 shots better than the day before. Get ready: It could be quite a shootout among the leaders.
Tiger Woods has teed off for his final round on a cloudy day at Augusta National. The rest of the leaders will begin their rounds in the next 25 minutes. It's raining about 145 miles West of here over in Atlanta, so we might get a few showers before the day is done. But nothing serious expected.
Kevin Na put up a 10 on the Par 3, 155-yard 12th hole known as Golden Bell. The picturesque hole can be treacherous with Rae's Creek in the front and three bunkers, one in front and two in the rear, surrounding it.
Sunday's final round of the 2013 Masters Tournament will see co-leaders Angel Cabrera and Brandt Snedeker go off at 2:40 p.m.
Arnold Palmer reached for a black pen and a blank piece of paper, and for a moment, he went back in time to the first grade.
"The greens are really tough," said Michael Thompson, who put up an early 69. "You have to be careful on the downhillers."
“He’s got a pretty good view there,” said Michael Thompson’s brother-in-law,