- Obama’s motorcade prevents woman in labor from crossing street to hospital
- Grijalva: Anti-trafficking law ‘line in the sand for many of us’
- Joe Biden: ‘Businesses are hiring at historic rates’
- Jeb Bush to Congress: Don’t use border crisis as excuse to delay immigration reform
- U.N. Human Rights head accuses Israel of war crimes
- CBP Commissioner: Border is ‘more secure and more safe’
- Obama dispatches researchers to border to check on National Guard
- Dutch receiving Malaysia plane bodies irked at Putin’s daughter in Holland
- Algerian plane diverted due to storms, second aircraft: 116 missing
- Colorado judge strikes voter-backed gay marriage ban, but issues stay
Michael W. Davis
Latest Michael W. Davis Items
A D.C. Superior Court judge ruled Friday that a 19-year-old man charged in a series of hammer attacks in Petworth, including a fatal assault on a tourist, is incompetent to stand trial at this time.
A 19-year-old man charged with two hammer attacks in Petworth, and now a similar attack that killed a tourist, has a history of mental illness and inquired multiple times about obtaining a gun in the week before the series of assaults, according to court documents filed Thursday.
A 19-year-old man accused of striking a woman with a hammer and fracturing her skull was charged Saturday with a second, previously unknown, attack in the Petworth neighborhood and ordered held in jail pending a preliminary hearing in May.