- Mississippi abortion law can’t be enforced
- Teacher who survived Sandy Hook has book deal
- Jury awards Jesse Ventura $1.8M in case vs. ‘American Sniper’ author Chris Kyle
- Government OKs Arab-owned company to operate U.S. cargo port
- Defense lawyer: McDonnell’s wife had ‘crush’ on CEO
- Chinese hackers stole ‘huge quantities’ of sensitive data on Israel’s Iron Dome
- House unveils bill to speed deportations of illegal immigrant children
- Californians protest middle school for hiring white man to teach cultural studies
- Killer’s sentencing overturned because mother couldn’t find seat in courtroom
- Hillary: ‘Dead broke’ comment was ‘inartful,’ but insists it was ‘accurate’
Topic - Michael Weinstein
It's the Truvada conundrum: A drug hailed as a lifesaver for many people infected by HIV is at the heart of a rancorous debate among gay men, AIDS activists and health professionals over its potential for protecting uninfected men who engage in gay sex without using condoms.
A fourth porn-film star who works in the California market has tested positive for HIV, fueling fears and bringing to a standstill an industry that's steadfastly resisted regulations guiding safe-sex practices.
Soldiers who promote their faith can be prosecuted under military law, the Pentagon said in a brief statement released to the media.
More than 1,000 people marched through downtown Washington on Sunday to call attention to the ongoing struggle against HIV and AIDS, the subject of an international conference beginning held in the nation's capital.
Actors in adult movies filmed in Los Angeles will be required to use condoms under an ordinance signed into law by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and porn industry leaders say the regulation could lead them to abandon the nation's porn capital.
"If something comes along that's better than condoms, I'm all for it, but Truvada is not that," said Michael Weinstein, president of the AIDS Healthcare Foundation. "Let's be honest: It's a party drug."
He says he's undeterred by criticism of his insistence that condomless sex - even in the Truvada era - should be discouraged among gay men with multiple partners.