- Unbeliebable: White House turns Bieber petition response into immigration screed
- Obama signs law denying Iran ambassador’s visa, but says law is ‘advisory’
- Mich. judge to laughing convicted killer: ‘I hope you die in prison’
- Man charged in Kansas City-area highway shootings
- Keystone XL pipeline still on hold after State Dept. decision
- Fla. man charged with killing 16-month-old son to play Xbox undisturbed
- Drones from the deep: Pentagon develops ocean-floor attack robots
- Michigan mayor slaps back atheists’ try to erect ‘reason station’ at city hall
- PHILLIPS: Where is the conservative establishment?
- 7.5-magnitude earthquake shakes southern Mexico
Women losing coverage under Obamacare, too
Topic - Michael Weinstein
It's the Truvada conundrum: A drug hailed as a lifesaver for many people infected by HIV is at the heart of a rancorous debate among gay men, AIDS activists and health professionals over its potential for protecting uninfected men who engage in gay sex without using condoms.
A fourth porn-film star who works in the California market has tested positive for HIV, fueling fears and bringing to a standstill an industry that's steadfastly resisted regulations guiding safe-sex practices.
Soldiers who promote their faith can be prosecuted under military law, the Pentagon said in a brief statement released to the media.
More than 1,000 people marched through downtown Washington on Sunday to call attention to the ongoing struggle against HIV and AIDS, the subject of an international conference beginning held in the nation's capital.
Actors in adult movies filmed in Los Angeles will be required to use condoms under an ordinance signed into law by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, and porn industry leaders say the regulation could lead them to abandon the nation's porn capital.
"There's an element in the gay community that espouses 'anything goes,' that is for sexual freedom and not giving an inch," he said. "But demonizing me or AHF isn't going to shut us up."
He says he's undeterred by criticism of his insistence that condomless sex - even in the Truvada era - should be discouraged among gay men with multiple partners.