- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Taxpayers must pay the freight for over-budget train projects
Topic - Michael Young
The Indiana Senate voted Monday to amend the state constitution by banning gay marriage, but it will be 2016 at the earliest before the measure appears on a statewide ballot because of a late change that limits the scope of the ban.
A team-by-team look at the National League West entering spring training, including key players each club acquired and lost, and dates of the first workout for pitchers and catchers, and the full squad:
Los Angeles Dodgers
Michael Young slipped on a No. 10 Texas Rangers jersey for one last time.
Genetic testing has determined that cedar sculpin are present in the Coeur d'Alene and St. Joe rivers in northern Idaho.
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Durand Johnson caught the ball on the wing and rather than take an open shot, decided to dribble to the top of the key.
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Pittsburgh spent the first half of its Atlantic Coast Conference debut misfiring on offense while watching North Carolina State control the glass and beat the Panthers down the floor.
The Cardinals managed only two hits off Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers, but Jon Jay's sacrifice fly set up by A.J. Ellis' passed ball in the fifth stood up for a 1-0 St. Louis victory.
Without him the Los Angeles Dodgers are just another underachieving team in the National League West, while Don Mattingly finds ways to spend his unexpected summer vacation.
Four weeks after straining his right hamstring, David Wright is ready for the next step in his recovery.
In the playoff mix for a second straight year, the Baltimore Orioles made the biggest move on a quiet trade-deadline day, acquiring Bud Norris to keep pace with the Boston Red Sox.
Dan Haren's support is paltry, with the Nationals scoring 2.9 runs per game he starts, and the seventh-worst mark in the major leagues. But Stephen Strasburg has borne the brunt of the Nationals' offensive woes.
There's one certainty in the Philadelphia Phillies' lineup: Ryan Howard will bat cleanup as usual.
Lance Berkman knows he's being watched with some trepidation while going through spring training with the Texas Rangers.
Michael Young says he's ready for a different challenge in Philadelphia after spending the first 12 seasons of his career with the Texas Rangers.
"I trust the people of Indiana more than I trust one individual," said Sen. Michael Young, R-Indianapolis, shortly before voting in favor of the watered-down ban.
Young formally announced his retirement after returning to the ballpark, his baseball home for all but the last of his 13 major league seasons.