- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
By Rabbi Shmuley Boteach
Topic - Michaeux Bishop
Officer Michaeux Bishop asked that Police Chief Cathy L. Lanier recuse herself from the case because of her "close" relationship with the complainant, Cherita Whiting, a campaign consultant for Mayor Vincent C. Gray whom the city later hired as a "special assistant."
In her appeal, Ms. Bishop argued it was not possible for Chief Lanier, referred to by Ms. Whiting in interviews as "Kat" and "Kathy," to be unbiased.