- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Latest Michigan Legislature Items
School administrators, nurses or other professionals who report reasonable suspicion of human trafficking would be immune from civil lawsuits under a series of new bills introduced Thursday in the Michigan Legislature.
The Detroit News. Jan. 15.
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — The Michigan Legislature formally kicked off 2014 with no heavy lifting in week one. But voting could occur as soon as this week, when lawmakers also gather to hear Gov. Rick Snyder's annual State of the State pep talk.
The Michigan Legislature formally kicked off 2014 with no heavy lifting in week one. But voting could occur as soon as this week, when lawmakers also gather to hear Gov. Rick Snyder's annual State of the State pep talk.
Michigan is considering a pair of religious freedom bills. One would allow adoption agencies to turn would-be parents away because of religious or moral beliefs. The other would let doctors and hospitals refuse medical treatment on similar grounds.
Labor unions are skilled labor at driving up costs. They use their cozy connections with politicians to legislate schemes giving government agencies no choice but to pay inflated union prices for certain types of projects through "project labor agreements." Those agreements may not be around much longer if a 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals decision handed down Friday holds.
"This is what democracy looks like!"
Challengers to U.S. Rep. John Conyers Jr. say the well-known Detroit Democrat is running on historical reputation and not recent record. And with redistricting adding more conservative suburban voters to Michigan's 13th District, they think the incumbent may be vulnerable in the state's Aug. 7 Democratic primary.
Sophie Clarke slayed the competition on "Survivor: South Pacific."