- Gentlemen, start your drones: Judge’s ruling opens door for commercial use
- Soldier who hid, bragged about not saluting flag to be punished — in secret
- ‘Maverick’ of the seas: ‘Top Gun’ school for U.S. ship officers to launch
- Putin declares Sochi Paralympics open amid Ukrainian protest
- ‘In Jesus name, we pray’ sparks ire at Ohio council meeting
- Navy’s first laser weapon ready for prime time; drone killer to deploy this summer
- Billionaire backer: Rick Santorum ‘needs to be heard’ in 2016
- Obamacare fallout: 49 percent pessimistic; 45 percent ‘scared’
- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
Michigan Republican Party
Latest Michigan Republican Party Items
This year's Conservative Political Action Conference straw poll includes more than two dozen names for the 2016 GOP presidential nomination, signaling just how wide open the race is.
As the Republican Party ponders its future, this year's Conservative Political Action Conference showcased two men who could be its leader: Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida, who activists saw as the man who can unite their movement, and Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky, who has staked his claim to be the GOP's fighting heart.
The buzz around Mitt Romney's vice-presidential choice has become deafening — a political soap opera that involves "American Idol"-like auditions on the stump and conflicting reports on who is in the running.
Auto sales are growing so fast that Detroit can barely keep up.
Pay no attention to those projected delegate counts you've seen.
He won the state in 2008 by nearly 18 percentage points and pumped billions of tax dollars into the effort to save its flagship industry.
Conservatives have long understood that America is a center-right nation. In election after election, our values win the day. When liberals do win office, they do so by nuancing their own positions and pandering to specific sections of the electorate. But when elections are about ideas, our ideas win.
For most of the nation's press, it's no secret whom influential Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour is backing in the race for the next GOP chairman, but the one-time party chairman — and possible 2012 presidential hopeful — denies he's orchestrating the campaign that has given Wisconsin Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus strong momentum in the race.
Rep. Bart Stupak, the Michigan Democrat who led a months-long battle with President Obama and his party's leaders over abortion language before ultimately supporting their health care bill, said Friday he won't seek re-election this year.