- Obama military strategy too weak for future security, panel reports
- Sen. Tom Coburn vows to slow down budget-busting bills ahead of recess
- Obama fantasizes about more executive power, signs new order on federal contractors
- Clintons call Klein, Halper, Kessler ‘a Hat Trick of despicable actors’: report
- Boehner accuses Obama of ‘legacy of lawlessness’
- Pro-marijuana group claims responsibility for Brooklyn Bridge flag swap
- Young adults shun Obamacare mostly due to cost: survey
- Stabbing attack on transgender girl, 15, was ‘bias motivated,’ police say
- LGBT adults still lean overwhelmingly toward Democratic Party
- Lawmakers rattled by Syria genocide horrors, call on Obama to act
By James A. Lyons Jr.
The president has shifted alliance from friend to enemy
Topic - Michigan Stadium
Michigan Stadium, nicknamed "The Big House", is the football stadium for the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Michigan Stadium was built in 1927 at a cost of $950,000 and had an original capacity of 72,000. Before playing football at the stadium, the Wolverines played on Ferry Field. Michigan Stadium is the largest stadium in the United States with an official capacity of 109,901. The football game attendance often exceeds 111,000 when band members, stadium staff, and others are added. On September 4, 2010, 113,090 attended a game at Michigan Stadium between Michigan and the Connecticut Huskies, setting the modern attendance record in college football history, behind several games with estimated attendance of over 120,000 played in the 1920s at Soldier Field in Chicago. The current NCAA single-season all-time home attendance record was 111,175 per game set in 1999 at the stadium. - Source: Wikipedia
The Big House will remain dry: The University of Michigan isn't planning to open up its football stadium for alcohol sales
A new charity run with a finish line at Michigan Stadium will replace one that earlier was cancelled by the school's athletics department.
The NHL has canceled the 2013 Winter Classic at Michigan Stadium.
The Detroit Red Wings and Toronto Maple Leafs will began 2013 by renewing their rivalry at one of North America's most iconic stadiums.
Desmond Howard was brought to tears when he was honored as the first "Michigan Football Legend" in a ceremony before the game against Notre Dame on Saturday night.