- GOP hopes taking shutdown off the table with budget deal will pay dividends
- Chinese Death Star: The moon cited as the perfect launch pad for ballistic missiles
- Help wanted: Homeland Security plagued by vacancies at the top
- We are not amused: Queen’s protection officers warned to keep ‘sticky fingers’ off the royal cashews
- Unleash the crossbows: Gov. Scott Walker creates new hunting season
- Bubonic plague kills 20 in Madagascar
- G-20 diplomats fell for hacker attack promising nude photos of former French first lady Carla Bruni
- Minnesota guardsman charged with stealing private soldier data for fake IDs
- Florida appeals court rules universities can’t regulate guns
- Vladimir Putin defends Russian conservative values
Michigan State Police
Latest Michigan State Police Items
The Lions said surgery was scheduled for Tuesday and did not immediately say how much time Burleson might miss.
Detroit Lions receiver Nate Burleson broke his arm in a single-car accident early Tuesday after he reached over to keep two pizza boxes from falling off the front passenger seat, authorities said.
Michigan is in mourning as a state trooper who was shot in the head during a routine traffic stop Monday died during surgery.
Two members of a Michigan militia group acquitted last year of conspiring to overthrow the U.S. government and kill police officers have accused FBI and Michigan State Police officials in a lawsuit of violating their constitutional rights when they raided their homes and seized their weapons.
Whiteout conditions and slick roads lead to the deaths of two children and one adult in a 30-car pileup in Detroit. The two children who were killed appeared to be siblings, police said. The boy, 6, died on the scene and the girl, 9, died after being rushed to a nearby hospital.
Conservative activists and supporters of Michigan's new right-to-work law gathered on the Statehouse lawn Thursday to demand justice for what they said were threats, intimidation and entrapment under a tent that was destroyed by union supporters during protests two days earlier by thousands of labor union activists.
Jim Harrison, one of America's premier novelists, is definitely not going gentle into that good night. In his last several novels, Mr. Harrison, 74, has featured old horn toads who sound suspiciously like ... himself.
Law enforcement officials are continuing their crackdown on drunken driving across Michigan for the New Year's holiday weekend.
A man suspected in 18 attacks in three states, including five fatal stabbings, was ordered held without bond Thursday in one of the cases after being extradited to Michigan.