- Sleet, ice, deepfreeze hit large swath of U.S.
- ‘Welcome to the edge of freedom’: Biden’s boots touch down in DMZ
- Obama: Hole U.S. ‘digging out of’ requires billions more in unemployment benefits
- Obama’s regulatory agenda will cost U.S. economy $143B next year: report
- Patriot Act author on James Clapper: Fire, prosecute him
- Russia P.M. Medvedev: No amnesty for political prisoners
- Michigan GOP Senate hopeful reminds government is the ‘servant’
- Christmas, by Congress: Members mull a 15-cent tax on trees
- U.S. unemployment falls to five-year low of 7 percent; 203K jobs added
- World mourns Nelson Mandela and celebrates his life; burial set for Dec. 15
Independent voices from the The Washington Times Communities
Topic - Mick Cornett
As search and rescue teams combed Moore, Okla., for survivors of Monday's deadly twister, officials struggled to describe devastation that, even for a town in the heart of "Tornado Alley," is almost unimaginable.
Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett has said no to the Lingerie Football League.
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett has said no to the Lingerie Football League.
Cornett said Thursday "there are too many problems to list" and he will not let the LFL play in any city-owned venue.