- House and Senate negotiators reach two-year budget deal
- Congress seeks ban on in-flight calls
- Michelle Malkin’s Twitchy site sold to owners of Townhall, HotAir: report
- GM’s Barra to be first woman to run top American carmaker
- China: Poisonous smog is a military asset, if you think about it
- Texas woman admits to sending ricin to Obama
- Ron Paul on son Rand: ‘I think he probably will’ run for president
- Cold War heats up again in the Arctic: Russian airfield reactivated after 20 years
- 6-year-old boy suspended for sexual harassment over kiss
- Voters deciding Mass. congressional contest
Latest Mickey Mantle Items
It's not quite, "A day that will live in infamy," or "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind," but Reggie Jackson's words printed in the June 1977 issue of Sport magazine remain among the most powerful and defining quotes in all of sports.
My father had deep pockets.
My father had deep pockets. Not that he was a wealthy man. Not even close. With seven children, this would have been a highly unlikely prospect. But as the youngest of the brood, as the baby of the bunch, as the smiling caboose at the end of our happy family train, it just always seemed to me like Daddy's pockets were always, always full.
The Skins and Nats plan on RG3 and Harper being key components for an awfully long time, something the local fan base wouldn't mind. There's no solid reason to expect they won't become fixtures. Except for those knees.
Compiled By PAUL MONTELLA
Stan Musial was remembered during a funeral and memorial outside Busch Stadium on Saturday as a Hall of Famer and a St. Louis icon embraced by generations of fans who never had the privilege of watching him play.
Detroit's Miguel Cabrera won the American League's Most Valuable Player award on Thursday after becoming baseball's first Triple Crown winner in 45 years, and San Francisco's Buster Posey was voted the National League honor.