- DHS accused of holding U.S. citizen at airport, using emails to pry into her sex life
- Seattle socialist: Minimum-wage discussion skewed by ‘right-wing’ GAO analysis
- U.N. warns of Muslim ‘cleansing’ in Central African Republic
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Drug mix may have cured child born with HIV, doctors say
- De Blasio’s wife irks former mansion chef with ‘servant’ remark
- Russia’s neighbors shiver amid Putin’s Cold War moves in Ukraine
- New SAT: The essay portion is to become optional
- Military group can’t march to honor the fallen at Boston Marathon due to security changes
- Senate passes bills deleting ‘retarded’ from laws
Latest Middle School Items
Tupelo, Miss., Middle School seventh-grade student Maria Kaltchenkco will compete in the National Scripps Spelling Bee after beating 48 opponents at the Mid-South Spelling Bee.
South Tippah School District is applying for a grant of $10,000 to help pay the salary of a full-time school resource officer, who would divide his time between Blue Mountain and Pine Grove schools.
NEW YORK (AP) — Mayor Bill de Blasio visited a Bronx middle school's after-school program on Thursday, promoting the kind of activity he'd like to see in all the city's middle schools.
A Massachusetts principal is facing sharp criticism after he canceled an honor roll ceremony to spare the feelings of students with bad grades.
Mayor Vincent C. Gray is scheduled to kick off Turkey Bowl Week on Monday afternoon at the Verizon Center.
In a school perched on a bluff, elderly residents take turns climbing up and down a circular stairwell, strengthening their knees in case they have to run from a tsunami generated by aftershocks that continually jolt northeastern Japan.
Panel to compile vets' health woes