- Strong quake hits Japan, triggering tsunami
- Sniper heaven: Pentagon’s self-guided bullets leave enemies nowhere to hide
- Violent gang taking advantage of immigration crisis, using border as recruiting hub
- Medicaid enrollment continues to soar under Obamacare, administration says
- Michelle Obama to Latinos: ‘We cannot afford to wait on Congress’ for immigration
- White House urges GOP to act ‘urgently’ on $3.7 billion request for illegal immigrants
- Politicians, criminals using ‘right-to-be-forgotten’ law EU courts forced upon Google
- Combat fatigue: elite special forces troops are ‘fraying,’ Gen. Joseph Votel warns
- German foreign minister to meet Kerry to discuss spying claims
- Florida police spokesman tells citizens: ‘Get yourself some firearms’
Senate majority leader practices politics of personal destruction
Topic - Miguel Junipero Serra
It is understandable that Californians would like to have Ronald Reagan's statue in the U.S. Capitol's National Statuary Hall ("Out with the old," Culture, May 15) but it is outrageous that it will replace the statue of Civil War hero Thomas Starr King instead of the one of the missionary Miguel Junipero Serra.
Those of us who live outside the "logic-free zone" of Washington know who is largely to blame for the country's economic problems ("OPEC strangling American economy," Op-Ed, Friday). It is Congress.