- Texas man arrested for powder-letter hoax
- Islamic State opens ‘marriage bureau’ for single jihadists
- Drone almost blocks California firefighting planes
- Tornado rips off roofs, downs trees near Boston
- GOP: Environmental rules keeping agents from accessing border
- John Kerry: Millions displaced by religious fighting in 2013
- Federal appeals court rules against Virginia’s gay marriage ban
- White House says Russia ‘losing’ war in Ukraine
- Hamas turns to North Korea for weapons deal, Iran for money
- Syrian casualties surge as jihadis consolidate
Miguel Junipero Serra
Latest Miguel Junipero Serra Items
It is understandable that Californians would like to have Ronald Reagan's statue in the U.S. Capitol's National Statuary Hall ("Out with the old," Culture, May 15) but it is outrageous that it will replace the statue of Civil War hero Thomas Starr King instead of the one of the missionary Miguel Junipero Serra.
Those of us who live outside the "logic-free zone" of Washington know who is largely to blame for the country's economic problems ("OPEC strangling American economy," Op-Ed, Friday). It is Congress.